The DeForest Windsor Chamber 4th of July parade
is a tradition of the celebration. For years hundreds of people have come out to see the over 100 parade entries. We have been proud to have everything from bands, to military groups, to tractors and classic cars, to horses and mascots and the local Fire, Police and EMS units as a part of the parade.
During our parade, we want to be aware of our spectators and make sure they are safe while watching. This means the following:
- Candy MUST be handed out by walkers in the parade and not thrown from any vehicle or trailer
- No water balloons allowed. Water is allowed through squirt guns, super soakers and other devices. Please be considerate of those who do not want to get wet!
- No Semi-trailers allowed without prior approval by the chamber office
- No plain work vehicles. Please join others in decorating your ride!
- Any animals in the parade must be attentively cared for and picked up after.
Line up will take place in the high school parking lot. You will be assigned a line up space based on the order in which your entry & payment was received. We will contact you NO EARLIER than 1 week prior to the parade with your line number and specific instructions for the day.
Vehicles not used in the parade will need to be parked in overflow parking behind the high school.
There will be a designated Drop-Off site for those taking part in the parade. Further instructions will be sent with registration confirmation.
For the safety and enjoyment of ALL, NO STOPPING
will be allowed during the parade!
If interested in performing for the crowd, please sign up for our FREE
More information on all the above items will be posted on the chamber website NO EARLIER than 1 week to the event. Participants who do not comply with parade policy will be asked to leave the parade, forfeit their registration fee and not be allowed back the next year.